Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Winter and willpower

Sometimes winter can be so exhilarating. It makes me wanna dance, write a poetry or raise my hands like this,. I reached down to touch the snow and they felt like powdered dust.

:: Leipzig, East Germany, 23rd December 2007 ::

Or come up with ridiculous poses like this :

:: The Sphinx statue outside the Imperial Palace, Vienna ::

Other times, it can be quite torturous.
Like the awfully cold and wet Vienna weather and hailstorms. Add to that, the load of your backpack.


:: Vienna (Wien), 30th December 2007 ::

The cold is comforting, but it is also powerful and frightening.
Most of the times though, when it's awfully cold and snowy, it's beautiful.
Snow-scapes are amazing. Pristine whiteness. Now, this is what I call, "walking in the winter wonderland",

It snowed in Hamburg, Leipzig and Vienna when I was in these places. Beautiful, each one carried a different tune.

No comments: